The world’s first time trial-specific shoe, the Bont Cycling Crono MK2 is the second generation designed to go even faster than its predecessor – the original deemed illegal by UCI for use in competition and sanctioned events because it was too fast! The Crono MK2 represents the pinnacle of Bont Cycling's performance-based lineup and is designed for pure unadulterated speed.
Aerodynamic testing has always been about the relationship between rider and machine but at Bont Cycling, the thought of covering shoes with a simple bootie or 'aero' sock felt like a solution to a challenge that demanded a better answer.
The Crono MK2 takes one of the fastest moving objects on the bike – your feet – and transforms it into one of the most effective air-slicing pieces of equipment you can acquire without stepping into a wind tunnel. Of course, the Crono MK2 is about far more than just aerodynamics and is backed by Bont Cycling's renowned power-transfer platform and pure anatomical design. The result is a product that utilizes more than 40 years of high-performance shoe manufacturing, feedback from the sport's very best athletes across every major discipline and blends it into one pair of seriously fast cycling shoes.
Every single element of the Crono MK2 has been built with aerodynamic gains in mind. From the revised toe box through to lace cover, heel cup, handmade 100% carbon fiber monocoque construction sole and even the heel guard, nothing has been left to chance. Finishing the package is our industry-leading 3.6mm stack height, proprietary thermo-moldable resin chassis and all while keeping the weight of each shoe under 300 grams.
Note: The Crono is built to order and ready to ship from time of order in 4-5 weeks.
- 100% carbon monocoque chassis utilizing hand-laid unidirectional carbon and Bont Cycling's proprietary heat molding technology.
- Durolite upper & suede leather liner.
- 3.6mm stack height for improved stability and injury prevention.
- Side Upper Vents for breathability.
- Innersole - EVA thermo-moldable with built-in inner padding.
- Sole Guards - Replaceable heel guards.
- Padding - Closed-cell memory foam.
- Cleat Mounting - 3-hole Look configuration with alignment grid and grip.
- Closure System - Single-dial BOA Fit System with replaceable BOA lace.
Weight - 290 grams (approximate weight based on size 42 shoe).
|Bont Cycling EU||36||37||38||39||40||40.5||41||42||42.5||43||44||44.5||45||46||46.5||47||48||49||50|
|Bont Cycling USA||4||4½||5||6||6½||7||7½||8||8½||9||9½||10||10½||11||11½||12||12½||13||14|
|Foot Length Range||216-220||221-225||226-230||231-235||236-240||241-245||246-250||251-255||256-260||261-265||266-270||271-275||276-280||281-285||286-290||291-295||296-300||301-305||306-310|
Be advised all measurements shown in the size chart above are listed in millimetres and refer to all current models purchased after 2015.
If you're unable to try on Bont Cycling shoes in a store or have trouble working out your correct size, feel free to use our Size Wizard and Sizing Chart to assist in finding the correct size and width shoe for your feet.
Sizing varies across the range of Bont Cycling shoes with both European and US listed for comparison. Download the Bont Cycling Tracing Grid in A4 or US Letter and easily measure the length and width of both feet using our A4 PDF. Instructions for measuring can be found below.
The tracing grid also allows customers to determine if they may need semi or full custom shoes. Foot tracings demonstrate the areas where additional space or varied shaping is required and allows our custom team to assess the best size, width and style of shoe for your feet.
Bont Cycling shoes vary in size by 5mm so it's important to measure your left and right foot length and width as accurately as possible.
Need to know more about sizing? Hit the red 'speech bubble' button to find our frequently asked sizing questions and click "Ask" to email our team direct.
How to trace your feet
2. Take your shoes and socks off and stand with your left foot directly on the page. Keep your foot as close to the left and bottom edges as possible unless your foot is too large to fit on the paper. If so, place your foot diagonally across the page as shown in the image below.
3. Take a thin black pen and hold it in a vertical position. Begin to trace around the entirety of the foot while ensuring you do not make the tracing smaller or larger than your foot length and width. You should be standing upright position on both legs with load weighted onto the forefoot (front of foot). This step is best performed with an assistance or helper but it can be done yourself if required.
4. Remove your foot and repeat the tracing with your right foot.
5. Take a ruler or accurate tape measure and note the length and width of both feet. Mark the longest and widest point of each foot at all four side and draw a straight line across each section to demonstrate where the measurement is taken. Write length and width of both feet in the area allocated.
6. Scan and email or fax the tracing complete with contact details to Bont Cycling for all sizing, semi and full custom enquiries. Ensure all relevant details are outlined in your enquiry including issues with current cycling shoes and areas of the foot needed particular attention.
Bont Cycling prioritise FedEx for all global shipping however, local carrier services may be used where appropriate. Tracking is made available on all shoe orders and is generally received within 3-4 business days from time of order.
Delivery times vary depending on country and exact location however, Bont Cycling online orders normally take anywhere from 10-14 business days to be delivered once tracking is made available. Small parts orders shipped via local services may may take up to 12-17 business days to arrive. Please be advised we are experiencing delays in deliveries due to the limited number of flights available for courier services due to the impact of COVID-19. This can also mean orders are sent via multiple transit locations in addition to sitting in certain ports for multiple days as it awaits the next available courier flight. Once shipped, orders cannot be expedited nor can enquiries be made regarding updates to estimated arrival times.
Head to fedex.com/en-us/coronavirus.html for updates from FedEx.
Bont Cycling ships orders from the nearest available location to ensure orders arrive as quickly as possible. Bont Cycling ships orders from the following locations depending on stock levels at the time.
- United States orders ship from our US warehouse (Milpitas, California) and China.
- Europe orders ship from The Netherlands and China.
- Australia and New Zealand orders ship from Australia (Sydney) and China.
- Rest of the world orders ship from China.
Select apparel ships from Australia with Australia Post.
Head to auspost.com.au/service-updates for latest updates from Australia Post.
Bont Cycling offer 30-day returns on any full price shoes or parts purchased from our online store at shop.bontcycling.com. Any product being returned or exchanged must be in original condition and show no signs of installation of parts or hardware. See our Returns Policy for details around order returns and refunds. Returns received outside of our returns policy period will not be accepted and will be returned to the customer at own expense.